[Kde-games-devel] Review Request: KPat: Add command line option to skip directly to a particular game

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Tue Feb 10 22:05:59 CET 2009

On Wed, 11 Feb 2009 07:29:09 am Parker Coates wrote:
> Bug 182718 requests a way to skip the new starting screen that was added to
> KPat in 4.2. While I love the start screen, I think it makes sense allow
> the user the possibility to skip directly to a particular game if they so
> desire. One of the reporters suggestions was a command line switch. I liked
> this suggestion as it would allow one to create separate icons for
> launching different games.

I love the start screen too, in fact I like it so much I would like to see it
come up whenever I do Settings->Game Type .... !!!!  It seems inconsistent
that it does not.

An alternative to the command-line approach might be to bring up a
fresh deal of the last game-type played, by default, and allow the start
screen to be suppressed with a "Don't show me this again" button.  And
maybe it could be re-enabled in the Settings menu, in case a friend calls
by and wants to see the full range of games when starting KPat.

Cheers, Ian W.