[Kde-games-devel] Kollision

Clemens Werther cl3m3ns at googlemail.com
Mon Feb 2 20:22:05 CET 2009

cleaner_timer.diff
- Don't set same interval, whenever the timer is started with
start(interval). Use setInterval(interval) once and start() instead.

dont_allow_negative_time.diff
-Negative score doens't make much sense ( a player would take a better
decision on simply restarting the game).

pause_on_lost_focus.diff
-pause the game, if it looses focus

show_time.diff
-When a new game is started, the achieved time is only displayed, if
it is unequal to zero. this doesn't make sense. When a player starts a
new game, he always wants to see the time (until now, the player
thinks: "oh, nothing is displayed, so it has to be zero").

update_blue_ball_as_needed.diff
-The blue ball's position is now updated, whenever the red balls
positions are updated. Also, when the mouse pointer leaves the window,
the blue balls position still gets updated. This way the blue ball
can't  "teleport" anymore.

These are my first patches for KDE, so I am not that experienced with
it yet and have some questions:

Why is <math.h> included instead of <cmath> ?
Is there a special reason why kollision uses srand and rand instead of
qsrand and qrand ?
Why does kollision use its own collision detection, although QGraphicScene
provides its own?

Clemens