[Kde-games-devel] Game Type Details in Killbots

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 03:03:45 CET 2009

Hello folks,

In KDE4.2, each Killbots game type's description field contained a
basic rundown of some of the game parameters. I found this to be an
ugly solution, as it wasn't easily scannable and not all parameters
were included. It also put a lot of burden on the translators to
translate these long, boring, repetitive descriptions.

I recently added a "Details..." button to the Game Type page in the
Killbots settings. Pressing it brings up a dialog that lists the
values of all game parameters in that game type. In theory this seems
like a much better solution as it keeps the descriptions simple while
making the detailed information available to those who are interested
in the specifics. The problem is that the resulting dialog is really
ugly. [1]

So I'm looking for feedback. Does anyone have any thoughts on whether
the Details dialog is a really good idea? Or any ideas on how to make
that dialog cleaner, more readable, or less ugly?

Parker

[1] http://picasaweb.google.ca/Parker.Coates/KDE?feat=directlink#5298013615601778018