[Kde-games-devel] [New comment for kshisen]

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Feb 1 20:28:43 CET 2009

A Diumenge, 1 de febrer de 2009, Mauricio Piacentini va escriure:
> Emil Sedgh wrote:
> > Yeah, sorry, they will come from noreply at games.kde.org from now.
>
> I am not sure this is a good move (allowing comments, specially if the
> user does not enter a valid email address.) I am not looking forward for
> comments like "your game suck" specially if there is no way to reply or
> conduct a meaningful conversation with the person. Dumping these
> comments here does not help at all, and actually makes matter worse.
>
> The way I see it, we should either fully support a communication
> channel, or do not offer it. This is so that people that take the time
> to contact us can receive educate and meaningful replies. Up until now I
> was completely ignoring the comments on games.kde.org, really. I am not
> sure how other authors are dealing with this. And this is bad for people
> that comment as well, as their input is not being heard.
>
> I believe one of the problems when we did the website was not having a
> proper forum on kde.org. But now, we do have one. So we have already
> three methods for people to contact us:
>
> a) This list
> b) Bugzilla
> c) Forum
>
> I am not a fan of Bugzilla, but it IS the KDE-wide method for getting
> feedback and for users to report issues. And there is also this list. I
> think that games.kde.org should encourage people to post their issues
> and contributions to this list or bugzilla, so in time we could turn
> this feedback into enhancements to the games. If we decide to have an
> official presence in forums.kde.org, then I think it is also a good
> channel for feeback. But the comments at the site are not really useful
> for us at the moment, and are just a great way to have trolls eating our
> motivation for contributing.
> With the forums and list we have mechanisms already in place to deal
> with contributions (for example the new CWG, and the CoC). I think it is
> unwise not to use this, and offer yet-another way for input to get lost.
> What do you guys think?

I'm with Mauricio here, i'm ignoring anything outside this list or bugzilla,
basically because it's the other way to have proper conversations with people.
Forum might work for proper conversations too, but forums have the bug that i
have to go to the forum and see if there are new posts, and that takes time i
don't have.

Albert