[Kde-games-devel] Chess game for KDE4

Miha Čančula miha.cancula at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 20:05:12 CET 2009

Indeed, I haven't heard about Kaya. But now that I'm checking its source, it
certainly isn't the same thing (it's written in Ruby). Apart from (again)
extensive animation support, it does seem lighter and I surely will look
into it.
I also mailed tcorbin for permission to use the name Knights. A thief of any
king is something I'd rather not be.

2009/12/4 Parker Coates <parker.coates at gmail.com>

> On Fri, Dec 4, 2009 at 11:15, Arturo Silva wrote:
> > Hello Miha,
> >
> > Thank you for working on a Knights successor, that was something of a
> > hole that hasn't been filled yet.  ;)
> >
> > Quick question since you mentioned Tagua: have you heard of the Kaya
> > board game suite?
> >
> > http://pcapriotti.github.com/kaya/
> >
> > Like Tagua, it might be another project attempting to do more than it
> > has to, but it plays both chess and shogi.  It hasn't been updated for
> > a while, but thought I'd point it out in case you find something
> > useful for KChess (for the sake of convergence).  :)
>
> Kaya and Tagua are the same project. :) Compare the screenshots. It
> would seem Tagua was renamed.
>
> > I'd honestly would want to see this called Knights.   Even though it's
> > not quite the same, there shouldn't be anything stopping it from
> > achieving feature parity in the future, no?  ;)
>
> Although legally it's probably fair game, I think it's only fair to
> get consent from the original Knights author. I'm sure Miha wouldn't
> want to be called an identity thief. :)
>
> Parker

Lenoba je mati Modrosti.