[Kde-games-devel] Chess game for KDE4

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Fri Dec 4 12:21:20 CET 2009

On Friday 04 December 2009 14:02:39 Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> Add KMahjongg to that list as well. With that many games using it, I
> am not sure it should be deprecated. Over the course of all the last
> Qt releases we had no problems at all with these games, while others
> had to be tweaked due to redrawing issues. I am sure QGV is now stable
> and probably a better solution for new games, but you have to try
> it. KGameCanvas is simple, fast and does its job well.
> Also, we need to keep it in libkdegames at least until KDE5.
> Maintaining it is a breeze, I believe we had only a couple of commits
> in the last 3 years.
Yeah, so it seems its more of the question whether it should be recommended
for the new games or not. Well, I think that this is something that game
author must decide then - if he'll need some unique features that only QGV is
offering, than he'll chose QGV. If not, he can go on with KGameCanvas.

Cheers,
Dmitry.