[Kde-games-devel] Leaving kdegames and gluon

Ian Wadham iandw.au at gmail.com
Tue Dec 1 02:23:05 CET 2009

On Monday 30 November 2009 11:38:51 am you wrote:
> Hi all, I'm writing you to announce that I will be unsubscribing from
>  kdegames and gluon mailing lists and removing autojoin to their IRC
>  channels as of now.
>
> This is because as you might know I'm moving to Dublin[1] and the move
> involves working for a company that is in the games industry. One of the
> requirements of the contract was that I can't do any kind of work related
>  to games outside the one I do for them.
>
> [1] http://tsdgeos.blogspot.com/2009/11/moving-to-dublin.html

I see from your blog that you have concerns about the language.

Some Irish people can certainly speak indirectly at times, so watch
out!  My grandmother used to tell a story of an Irishman who once
proposed to her (she thought).  What he actually said was, "Sure but
it would not be you that would not be thinking of not marrying me, would
it now?"  Nothing came of it, however, otherwise my father and I would
have been Irish, wouldn't we? ... :-)

OTOH the Irish certainly have a poetic way with words.  I am really
sorry to see you go, Albert, but please take this Irish Blessing with you ...

    May the road rise to meet you
    May the wind be always at your back
    May the sun shine warm upon your face
    May the rain fall soft upon your fields ...

All the best, Ian W.