[Kde-games-devel] KPatience, select deck dialog idea and mockup.

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuz-kde at gmail.com
Tue Apr 21 14:30:50 CEST 2009

Let's make this a mockups thread :)))

Yesterday I proposed another design (attached).
Some notes about mockup:
1. When deck has both front and back suites, both icons are available
2. Decks which are "backside-only" are marked with some special (yet undecided)
markup and have only "use as the backside" icon.

Parker had some nice ideas too - about having two GHNS-like listviews one next to
another.
(Parker, would you post them here, so others can review?)

Yesterday we had some discussion on #kde-games.

I argued that showing two separate lists views for fronts and backs looks like an
overkill to me - too complex interface, dialog gets too big.
While Parker had a point that having both fronts and backs shown together would make
it easier to compare them.

it-s and Half-Left came up with their own ideas which were also presented in this
thread.

Some more thoughts I have:

1. First of all i'd personally remove this "separate backs" feature as it really
complicates not only UI, but user workflow too. Too much options to choose from IMO.
2. If we leave this feature, I'd consider it a "power-user"-like feature and having
it not necessarily available right from the start sound good. One more idea here is
to have a dialog with tabs named "Frontsides" and "Backsides" each of which shows
respective listview. This would allow to keep dialog compact and clean.