[Kde-games-devel] GSoC propoussal: Kolf or Ktron with decibel.

Alejandro Castaño del Castillo alecastanyo at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 18:38:57 CEST 2009

I'm gsoc student. I'm interested in creating a decibel interface to a
kde game. I think that ktron can be a good option, because it is my
favorite game, but kolf could be a good too. Anyway, I'm open to
suggestions if you give me a good one.  The main idea is to play with
people from your contact list. The game would get the contact list
from decibel and then you can choose from there  who you want to play
with. All network infractucture would be done with decibel. I would
also implement a ranking high score of people from you contact list so
you can see who is the best, and a matches- history.  Finally I would
also add integrate the game with kopete a plugin that would allow
kopete users to start a networked game.

I've talked with George Goldberg (Decibel) and he is interested in the
idea. I have experience in videogames with some libraries like SDL,
OpenGL and Ogre in C++. Some of those videogames I have worked in had
also network capabilities.

If you have some suggestion to me, they are very appreciated. If
someone want to mentoring me please tell me. I'm writting right now
the propoussal to send tomorrow.

Thank you!