[Kde-games-devel] KPatience Egyptian card design preview.

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Apr 2 04:33:57 CEST 2009

On Thu, 2 Apr 2009 5:59:20 am Sean wrote:
> Just though I'd show you the latest designs for the new Egyptian card
> theme. I'm currently researching a suitable Jack figure from Egyptian
> history, which should complement the King and Queen style.

Maybe a priest?
http://historylink101.net/egypt_1/religion_role_of_priest.htm
http://www.egyptologyonline.com/priests.htm
And there's a poster of one on eBay.

They seem to have been bare-shouldered guys in white kilts or
togas, usually shown in profile, sometimes with a leopard skin.
They were also more in the nature of officers of the court or servants
of the gods on earth - rather than ministers to the people.

Or ... excuse the pun, maybe a Jack(al) headed god?

> http://imagebin.ca/view/pC21ncJ.html

Nice work, Sean! ... :-)

Cheers, Ian W.