[Kde-games-devel] Changes in KPat trunk

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 00:03:13 CEST 2009

On Wed, Apr 1, 2009 at 5:41 PM, Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Parker Coates wrote:
>> There is a dialog to warn the user if they are about end the game in
>> progress, which would result in a loss being recorded to the
>> statistics. The dialog is skipped in following situations:
>> • The user has previously checked the "Do no ask again" checkbox.
>> • The game is won.
>> • The game is lost.
>> • The application is quitting
>
> Opinion: automatically save the game and automatically re-open it. No
> dialog, no loss recorded. (Great for when I'm playing a game on my
> netbook in a restaurant and the food arrives :-). Or any similar
> situation where I'm interrupted and want to shut down quickly.)

I think you missed the this bit from the first paragraph of my email:
"...adding the option to remember the game state between sessions." If
you want the behaviour you describe, simply enabled the "Remember
State on Exit" setting. Or am I missing something?

Of course, if "Remember State on Exit" is enabled, then quitting is
not a situation where "they are about end the game in progress, which
would result in a loss being recorded to the statistics", but I
probably should have clarified that. I was asking only about the case
when no automatic saving is done.

Parker