[Kde-games-devel] link g4310 hasn't been detected!

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at cirulla.net
Wed Sep 24 17:51:11 CEST 2008

On Wed, Sep 24, 2008 at 2:08 PM, Riccardo Iaconelli <riccardo at kde.org> wrote:
> On Monday 22 September 2008 13:15:19 Richard Hartmann wrote:
>> Still, these artifacts should be cleaned up at some point. If people,
>> like I often do, start the application from the command line, they will
>> wonder what's going on & assume it's a warning from the application
>> itself.
>
> That should be easy, Luciano has a script that does that, too, IIRC.

I have a script that removes unreferenced elements from a SVG file
(among other optimizations). However, in this case there is a
reference to an unexisting element, which I do not check for.

Actually I encountered a few cases where the referenced element is
present in the svg file, but Qt does not find it, because it is
defined after the point where it is referenced (this can happen if the
element depth is changed after the reference is done). In this case,
however the element will not be visible, so it can be a real problem.

So files that have the warning should be at least checked to see there
is really no problem with the rendering.

Luciano

--
Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams