[Kde-games-devel] missing category games/logic + inconsistencies

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Fri Oct 24 01:29:02 CEST 2008

2008/10/23 Burkhard Lück <lueck at hube-lueck.de>:
> Hi,
>
> the kdegames don't have a category "Logic" for ksudoku, kdiamond and kubrick.
> The attached patches kdelibs.diff + kdebase.diff could solve this issue.
> Please review and commit.
>
> There are some inconsistencies in the games categories between the web site
> and khelpcenter/kmenu, see attached list.
>
> Names of all games start with a capital letter, except for ksudoku and
> kollision, may be this should be changed in the desktop files to make the
> naming consistent?

I was actually thinking about game categories earlier today. I'm not
sure which makes the most sense for Killbots.

I think it should probably be put in Arcade, Strategy or Logic, but
none of them seem like a great fit. It doesn't seem fast paced enough
for Arcade. It doesn't seem complex enough to deserve Strategy. And
the randomness of the teleportation doesn't fit well with Logic. Does
anyone have any opinions?

Parker