[Kde-games-devel] Kubrick: duplicate menu item "Main Demo"

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Oct 23 13:30:46 CEST 2008

On Thu, 23 Oct 2008 10:37:08 pm Burkhard Lück wrote:
> kubrick has a duplicate menu item "Main Demo":
>
> Move -> Main Demo

AFAIK this is a consequence of using KStandardGameAction::demo,
but I do not see how "demo" can be categorized as a "move" ... that
has been handed down by our forefathers in libkdegames, I think.

> and Demos -> Main Demo

Main Demo logically belongs with the many other demos in Kubrick.

> It's a little bit confusing to have the same action twice in two different
> menus,

Not at all.  Having an item in two different menus makes it twice as
easy for an end-user to find, IMHO.  And there is no law of nature to
say that a term cannot appear in two separate categories - indeed
many thesauri rely on such a practice.  IMHO there is nothing at all
confusing about Moscow, for example, being in a list of world cities
and also being in a list of villages, towns and cities in Russia.

> shouldn't one of them be removed?

I cannot remove the copy in Move, because that is where libkdegames
puts it.  And it would be illogical to remove it from Demos or to put all the
other demos into Move, IMHO ... so ... no.

All the best, Ian W.