[Kde-games-devel] Bomber into kde 4.2?

Albert Astals Cid aacid at kde.org
Sun Oct 5 22:50:16 CEST 2008

A Dilluns 06 Octubre 2008, John-Paul Stanford va escriure:
> On Sunday 05 October 2008 3:05:30 pm Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> > A Diumenge 05 Octubre 2008, John-Paul Stanford va escriure:
> > > Hi,
> > >
> > > I think I've now fixed most the issues with bomber that I know about.

> > > <snip>

> > > These should all be fixed now. They were last time I checked.
> >
> > Some of my particular krazy harvest at the end of the mail
>
> Cool , I'll get these sorted. Must be news ones since I last looked.

> > > These are hopefully all fixed now. This was caused by trying to load
> > > the theme and paint things before the main window was visible.

> > > I've added a icon, however it would be really good a kde artist could
> > > look over this. I suspect my attempt is not very good :-)

> > > Ah yes , changed this also.
> >
> > No, you've not, it's still on main.cpp:26
>
> A yes. Will sort that out. Easy fix.

> > > Yup, I've done as you suggested.

> > > I've removed this as it's not needed.

> > > I've looked into this more and posted some mails about it on the
> > > kde-core- devel list. Seems their is a bug in the kstatusbar class. I
> > > think that's because it's a work around for a QT problem. So this will
> > > be fixed when that problem is resolved. As far as I can see, this
> > > effects every app using the temp messages on the status bar.
> >
> > Yeah, waiting for someone, probably me to fix it, if you could try to
> > help that would be very welcome, but maybe working on kdelibs is a bit
> > "scary".
>
> I might well be able to help out their.

> > > I've done as you suggested here also. Now I'm reading the configured
> > > shortcut.
> >
> > Almost correct ;-) You need to use QKeySequence::NativeText in toString
> > to get the translated version of the key.
>
> lol, Ok I'll make that change. Still learning here :-)
>
> > > Would be great too see bomber in KDE 4.2, so was wondering what I need
> > > todo next. Do people want to check it over a bit more? Or should I move
> > > it to kdereview?
> >
> > Well, there's the issue of it we want a game that "encourages" dropping
> > bombs over buildings inside kdegames.
>
> Well I believe the game to be fun, and I know I played a similar game when
> I was about 4 years old. To me knowledge I've never bombed anyone......
> Though I have develop a career in creating software :-)
>
> Buy seriously if this is a problem for people, then do speak up now rather
> than later on, cause I don't really want to waste time with this project if
> it's unlikely to go anywhere.

It's not a problem for me, but i know someone on IRC mentioned it.

As a child i player Speedball 2 A LOT, i still think is the best game ever
created and it's not exactly what one would say child-friendly.

> Change the buildings to trees if you want! It's just a theme.

Would be still a bombing theme ;-) May i suggest a basket + ball + hand theme?

Albert