[Kde-games-devel] Bomber into kde 4.2?

John-Paul Stanford jp at stanwood.org.uk
Sun Oct 5 23:59:56 CEST 2008

Hi,

I think I've now fixed most the issues with bomber that I know about.

On Sunday 14 September 2008 5:24:16 pm Albert Astals Cid wrote:
> A Diumenge 14 Setembre 2008, John-Paul Stanford va escriure:
<snip>

> Can you try to fix all krazy issues
> http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/krazy/reports/playground/games/bombe
>r/index.html Shout if you need help solving any issue

These should all be fixed now. They were last time I checked.

> I get lots of QPainter warnings on startup
> 	QPainter::restore: Unbalanced save/restore
> is particullary ugly
These are hopefully all fixed now. This was caused by trying to load the theme
and paint things before the main window was visible.

> There's no icon?

I've added a icon, however it would be really good a kde artist could look
over this. I suspect my attempt is not very good :-)

> "A KDE4 Application" sucks a bit as description :D
Ah yes , changed this also.

> I'd convert
>   i18n("Level: %1", QString::fromLatin1("XX")
> and his friends to
> i18nc(explanation this is the default shown at start, "Level: XX");

Yup, I've done as you suggested.

> Bomber::gameOverNow seems never to be called
I've removed this as it's not needed.

> Bomber::gameStateChanged seems to be called but statusBar()->showMessage
> did not seem to work on game end.

I've looked into this more and posted some mails about it on the kde-core-
devel list. Seems their is a bug in the kstatusbar class. I think that's
because it's a work around for a QT problem. So this will be fixed when that
problem is resolved. As far as I can see, this effects every app using the
temp messages on the status bar.

> i18n("Game over. Press <Space> for a new game") is wrong, the user can
> configure shortcuts so you should really use the action funciton to get the
> shortcut rather than hardcoding it here

I've done as you suggested here also. Now I'm reading the configured shortcut.

Would be great too see bomber in KDE 4.2, so was wondering what I need todo
next. Do people want to check it over a bit more? Or should I move it to
kdereview?

Cheers,
JP.