[Kde-games-devel] Kpat and card style chooser

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Tue Nov 18 09:49:02 CET 2008

2008/11/18 Eugene Trounev <eugene.trounev at gmail.com>:
>> Plus the backs are stored in a "deck" directory, with strange names
>
>> beginning with numbers...
>
> I did that (naming part). It was a stupefying mess before.
>
>> I think it would be great to clean them up, packaging fronts and back(s)
>> in
>
>> a single file (plus .desktop, if it's really needed), installable with the
>
>> hot new stuff mechanism.
>
> That would be wonderful, indeed.
>
>> Now, to fix my Tigullio deck for KDE 4.2, what should I do?
>
> It isn't fixed? I thought I fixed all the links. Are you sure you are
> testing the latest build?

Well, last I checked, it did not crash or anything, but it used a
default back that does not match tigullio design and size.

I actually tried providing my own back based on the one in the
tigullio deck, but it either did not work at all or crashed kpat. So
if it is to be made to work, I need some help with the .desktop format
and the naming conventions.

>> Is it possible
>
>> to make it so that the card-deck loader tries to load the back from the
>
>> main .svg file instead of falling back on a non-matching default, or do I
>
>> have to take out the card back to a separate svg file?
>
> That's my point - the decks have been split into the decks, and the backs.
> And the back management code seems to be horribly broken :/

Right. That was my impression too. At least, it's way too complicated to handle.
KMahjongg tiles format seem much easier to tackle.

--
Luciano Montanaro

Anyone who is capable of getting themselves made President should on
no account be allowed to do the job. -- Douglas Adams