[Kde-games-devel] generic names in .desktop files

Kleag kleag at free.fr
Thu May 15 00:11:10 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 14 May 2008 22:02:41 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> Kleag wrote:
> > In fact, the generic name for KsirK (Risk computerized) is also bad as it
> > is based on a registered name. Why do you think about:
> > "Conquer the world strategy game" or
> > "Turn-based Conquer-the-world strategy game" ?
>
> s/conquer-the-world/world domination/ :-)
Yeah, it's cool too :-)

> ...though I'm not sure how critical that is, after all Konquest is, in
> the broad sense, the same thing; a turn-based,
> control-the-world/galaxy/island/playground/etc strategy game.
You're right, but in fact the playground extents cause a feeling quite
different. And the difference in generic name/short description can reflect that.

BTW, when changing the generic name, do you think that a mail should be sent
to kde-i18n ? Because if I'm not wrong, the translators will not be aware of
this change ?

Regards,

Gaël

--
KsirK - a turn-based strategy game for KDE
http://gna.org/projects/ksirk

KGraphViewer - a GraphViz dot graphs viewer
http://extragear.kde.org/apps/kgraphviewer