[Kde-games-devel] Happy Birthday Ian

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Thu Mar 20 21:03:26 CET 2008

On Thu, 20 Mar 2008 01:12 pm, Eugene Trounev wrote:
> There is something else we want you to see http://games.kde.org/news.php ;)
> Happy Birthday!

Wow!  Thanks very much everybody, and Mr. Editor especially, for all
those kind words.  Now I will *have* to get cracking on Kubrick ...

Thanks also to Dmitry and Srikrishna for your good wishes.  I am
still celebrating my birthday ... lunch tomorrow with the family and
on the next weekend my son-in-law and my wife are organising a
beer-tasting and a champagne-tasting.

Gotta get in training for Akademy 2008 in Belgium ... :-)

Excuse a bit more pedantry, re terminal "c" and "k".  "Kubrick"
always ends with "ck" (German style?), but "Rubik" ends with
just "k" (Hungarian?).

"Kubrick" of course begins with a KDE-style "K", contains an
anagram of "Rubik" and is about cubes and bricks.  It is also
the name of my favourite film director, Stanley Kubrick:

    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kubrick

All the best, everybody, Ian W.