[Kde-games-devel] Make a widget out of KCardDialog

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Wed Mar 19 22:57:11 CET 2008

Hi,

Mauricio said some time ago it would be nice to have some cleanup on the
card dialog. Now I'm no gui expert and completely artistically
challenged. But I am quite good at refactoring, so here's the result: A
new class KCardWidget which contains what the KCardDialog had until now.
This widget is completely standalone, can be fed from a KConfigGroup (to
read the settings), but also has API to set the things directly.

The KCardDialog is now really just a way to have the ok/cancel buttons
set and a proper caption. As you can see in its API docs using it still
requires managing the cardwidget. The reason is that else the dialog
class would duplicate all the API for no good reason - IMHO.

Also included in the patch are the changes for kpat and lskat. I'm
willing to port any application in extragear or playground that uses the
dialog, if people can point me to the right ones.

Comments?

Andreas

PS: I'll be renaming the header/cpp in a separate commit to match the
new class name.

--
You would if you could but you can't so you won't.