[Kde-games-devel] Summer of Code Idea(s)

Ben Boeckel mathstuf at gmail.com
Wed Mar 19 19:02:02 CET 2008

On Wednesday 19 March 2008 01:23:50 pm you wrote:
> Alle mercoledì 19 marzo 2008, Ben Boeckel ha scritto:
> > >
> > > I think KWordQuiz from the KDE EDU module can at least do the
> > > fill-it-ins, it can probably do more of the things you have mind.
> >
> > Hmm...I don't see it in KDE3 (I just got the SVN of kdeedu and am
> > compiling it now).
>
> KWordQuiz is in KDE-Edu since KDE 3.5.0 (more than two years ago).
> And it actually has a fill-in-the-blanks mode.

I was getting the KDE4 KWordQuiz to see if it was added since 3.5.9. What I
called fill-it-ins are not the same. [1]

> > Plus, I don't think many users get kdeedu since they think it's "only"
> > educational stuff.
>
> Very lame reason. Especially in a GSoC point of view.

Yeah...that shouldn't matter where the game gets made. That was a bad train of
thought/logic. I still don't think that what I have in mind really belongs in
kdeedu since it's not really helping people learn the vocabulary rather than
just finding words in a grid of letters. But like I said in [1], let me know
if this does belong in kdeedu rather than kdegames since I've better
clarified what I mean by "fill-it-in".

--Ben

[1] http://lists.kde.org/?l=kde-games-devel&m=120594934123945&w=2