[Kde-games-devel] Here comes Kubrick

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Sun Mar 9 06:34:07 CET 2008

Just committed an update of Kubrick in playground, incorporating some
of Mauricio's and Parker's suggestions.  I am working on others.

On Mon, 18 Feb 2008 11:00 pm, Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> it would be very nice if we had a very fast animation showing what
> happens after each click.

Done.

> b) I had the impression there are too many dialog boxes telling me how
> not to do things.

Not so many now.

> c) For the moves specifically, is there really the need for the movement
> to end on a colored sticker in order for it to be registered? Maybe you
> can read the location of the mouseUp event, even if it falls outside the
> cube, and consider it as the move direction. This enables a very fluid
> mode of rotating the slices imo.

Sounds easy if you say it fast ... :-)

With the aid of some slippery mathematics and some even more
convoluted logic, I think I have done it.  You can now do cube moves
by moving the mouse pointer from the darkness onto the cube, or
off the cube into the darkness.  You can also wander on and off the
cube several times before releasing the mouse button.

Cheers, Ian W.