[Kde-games-devel] Sounds

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Wed Jul 9 23:36:11 CEST 2008

On Thu, 10 Jul 2008 06:43:42 am Dmitry Suzdalev wrote:
> On Thursday 10 July 2008 00:32:55 Eugene Trounev wrote:
> > Hi guys. In case you haven't noticed I have commited some sound files for
> > a few games. More to follow. They aren't exactly the TOP quality, but I
> > have spent a lot of time making those, so they aren't bad at all either.
> > Games need voice, othervise they suck :/ So let's get on it and maybe
> > even add sound by 4.2 (*wishfully*). And if Phonon doesn't cut it for
> > games we caould: a) bug phonon devs to death; b) switch to something
> > better;
>
> Thanks much for this, Eugene!

Thanks from me too, Eugene.

FWIW, I am pleased to announce that Luciano and I decided, at the
eleventh hour, to release KGoldrunner sounds in KDE 4.1, despite concerns
about the base software.  Sounds are off by default, but can be turned on
in the Settings menu.  The sounds were composed by my son Peter.

All the best, Ian W.