[Kde-games-devel] Alternate solutions not allowed in KNetwalk 3.5.9

Tue Jul 1 12:38:12 CEST 2008

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 23:53, Fela Winkelmolen <fela.kde at gmail.com> wrote:

> The reason why I don't consider a game with only the terminals connected as
> solved is because most methods to solve the game evolve around the fact that
> there is only one correct solution. How would you solve a sudoku if you knew
> there where more then one possible solutions? =)

By deduction, inclusion, exclusion and then, if all else fails, trial
and error ;)
As of today KNetWalk offers different solutions, sometimes. I would also
argue that solving the puzzles without needing all pipes is actually more
desirable than 'simply' solving it.

> The main problem is that users don't _know_ they also have to connect all
> cables, once that is taken care of I don't see any problem.

If it goes against the user's expection, why stick to it? It does not happen
too often so, personally, I consider it an easter egg & something to try and
achieve. To be honest, I was envious of my friend who managed to create
such a solution.

What do other think about this? Is it only me and my buddy caring?

Thanks for maintaining KNetWalk :)
Richard