[Kde-games-devel] SVG and MainWindow resize handling

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Sat Jan 19 18:18:08 CET 2008

On 19.01.08 17:40:12, Burkhard Lehner wrote:
> And just to compare it to Microsoft Windows' behaviour: In Freecell, when
> changing the window size, first the rescaled pixmap versions of the cards
> are used, until the rendered vector versions are computed. I don't know if
> this is already done in kgames, but I think it could easily be implemented.

Well, scaling a pixmap is actually also quite a penalty, because you've
got two QImage<->QPixmap conversions in between.

Hmm, why exactly are pixmaps used everywhere and not QImage's? Having
looked at kpat and lskat code, I saw quite some forward/back conversions
between those, which could (IIRC) be reduced to exactly one when drawing
the qimage directly. I suspect I'm missing an important detail and I'm
not much familiar with drawing images in Qt, so please forgive me if the
answer is obvious...

Andreas

--
You are fighting for survival in your own sweet and gentle way.