[Kde-games-devel] SVN best practices

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Sun Jan 13 01:05:05 CET 2008

On Sunday 13 January 2008 02:48:52 Mauricio Piacentini wrote:
> Hi, people. Suppose I want to fix a quick bug in both 4.1 (trunk) and
> 4.0.1. What is the recommended way to do this? Do I need to checkout two
> trees?
I already had such a practise while fixing a crash in kreversi, so I can share
what I did :)

I just copied trunk's version of kdegames to ~/svndir/4.0/kdegames and then
done:

svn switch svn://user-server-stuff/home/kde/branches/KDE/4.0/kdegames

here you are - now it is 4.0's version :)
Next I needed to do actual backporting to 4.0 of commit which went to trunk.
I've done it like the folowing:

cd ~/svndir/4.0/kdegames
svn merge -rREV-1:REV svn://user-server-stuff/home/kde/trunk/KDE/kdegames

where REV is a revision I committed.

Simple as that.
This won't work (w/o additional setup) if kdelibs in trunk isn't SC with
kdegames in 4.0 though :) But it should be SC ATM :)

Cheers,
Dmitry.