[Kde-games-devel] Kolf Resizing and the Scoreboard

mezz dbdkmezz at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 20:12:00 CET 2008

Hi

I'd like some help with a bug in Kolf that's been annoying me for a long time
now. From the looks of it it should be pretty easy to fix, although I've
tried a number of times and never got anywhere (probably due to my
inexperience with writing Qt apps).

The problem is that the Scoreboard does not cope with resizing very well. I'd
like it's height to be fixed so that however much you resize the window you
can always see the scores of all the current players and their total.
Currently when you first start the game you can only see the score of one
player, and then rest is obscured from view. If you make the window bigger
then it soon all comes into view, but then it keeps getting bigger leaving
you with a large amount of ugly whitspace, which often could be used by the
game.

I've played around with different size policies which I've learned about from
the Qt documentation, but have completely failed to fix the problem. So it'd
be great if someone who knows their way around Qt a little better than I
could take a look.

This is not a critical bug, it is merely cosmetic, so isn't essential for 4.0,
so don't worry too much about it. But it'd be nice if it was fixed :)

Thanks

Paul