[Kde-games-devel] SVG validation problem with the card deck specification

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Wed Jan 2 01:04:51 CET 2008

Hi all.
I have investigated on the reason why the Tigullio card deck crashed inkscape
when loaded, and so I made it go through the svg validator here:

http://validator.w3.org/check

I found the problem was that an href was referencing a group containing
itself.

However I also found there were a few problems with the markup, and a few
duplicate ids. these do not (currently) break the rendering within Qt, but
viewing within inkscape or ksvg gives the wrong result.

I'd like to commit the fixed svg file.

A problem that extends to other themes is however that ids should not start
with a number according to the svg specs. while our theme specification has
1_hearts... king_hearts and so on. I suppose it is too late to correct this
(and we probably share the spec with others), but it's a pity.

Luciano