[Kde-games-devel] Here comes Kubrick

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Mon Feb 18 13:00:48 CET 2008

Ian Wadham wrote:

> Any other suggestions are welcome.

I like it very much so far, some observations:

a) By default, I am ok with the "left mouse click to rotate slices and
right mouse click to rotate the whole cube" interface, however I think
it would be very nice if we had a very fast animation showing what
happens after each click. No more than 4/5 frames, maybe 100ms or so. I
think this would improve the experience a lot, as colors would not only
"jump" but we would actually see the move, very quickly. I see that this
can be achieved by enablind the "watch your own moves" option, but the
tumble is a bit slow in the default. So, my suggestion is to also
increase the default move speed, to 10 or so.

b) I had the impression there are two many dialog boxes telling me how
not to do things. Not sure if there is a way around this, just my first
impression.

c) For the moves specifically, is there really the need for the movement
to end on a colored sticker in order for it to be registered? Maybe you
can read the location of the mouseUp event, even if it falls outside the
cube, and consider it as the move direction. This enables a very fluid
mode of rotating the slices imo.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini