[Kde-games-devel] Open Source Go server and software

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Mon Feb 4 11:58:24 CET 2008

On Mon, 4 Feb 2008 01:24 am, Paul Broadbent wrote:
> But there is also the NNGS ( http://nngs.sourceforge.net/ ),
> which is open source and looks to be the kind of thing you are looking
> for, but I don't know much about it. I'm not even sure if there are
> many NNGS servers running or if they have just made the software for
> an open source server. Is that the languishing project you mentioned?

It is indeed.  Quotes from the guy who organised our Go BOF but had to
cancel attending our conference at the last minute, more's the pity:

"(NNGS) first release in sixteen months turned up in February last year.
I am not aware of any major Go community that uses it ..."

"There's rather a lot of wishful discourse on Sensei's Library about freeing
the infrastructure, but that conversation could really use a hefty infusion
of experienced FOSS hackers."

> Do you know what's gone wrong?
>
> If there is something that needs doing I'd be very interested in
> helping out, but my time is quite limited so I'm not sure how much I'd
> be able to do.

It's time I got back to my guy to find out more.

Cheers, Ian W.