[Kde-games-devel] Kolf 3D view

Stefan Majewsky majewsky at gmx.net
Fri Dec 19 12:41:26 CET 2008

On Freitag 19 Dezember 2008 06:09:40 Casper van Donderen wrote:
> I just read the planetKDE post about Palapeli/Kolf and I'm wondering
> if there is still need for OpenGL programmers?

Yes.

> I have about 6 months experience with OpenGL at the university (I'm
> studying Mediatechnology in Utrecht, the Netherlands), so I'm not that
> good yet. But I did write a simple engine in it.

This should be enough to start out. As I already explained on the blog, the 3D
view is not release critical, so there is no pressure to get something ready
in the short timeframe that is the 4.3 release schedule.

I suggest you checkout
svn://anonsvn.kde.org/home/kde/trunk/playground/games/kolf and have a look at
the code. The relevant class for you is elements/object.h (where 3D rendering
functions will have to be added for each class of objects) which is well
documented. 2D rendering is done through QGraphicsView primitives provided by
Qt (see the implementations in elements/object-*).

Hope this helps. You can contact my private address for a more detailed
discussion about the code structure.

Greetings
Stefan