[Kde-games-devel] includes in kpat

Frederik Schwarzer schwarzerf at gmail.com
Tue Dec 9 21:17:34 CET 2008

On Tuesday 09 December 2008 14:30:50 Parker Coates wrote:

Hi,

> As far as I know, KDE doesn't have a policy for the format of
> includes.

I heard once that the KFoo includes do not always work, although I prefer those
for my stuff. :) The include style is pretty mixed in kpat so I thought of unifying it.

> This one is less subjective, as I'm sure everyone would agree that
> consistent guards are better, but I would still run it by coolo.

I initially started with the include guards because I found some __FOO_H__ ones that
are (IIRC) reserved for the compiler.

> Andreas is correct on this point, although it does raise the question,
> why weren't these card classes given a 'K' prefix?

Yes, I didn't realise that there is libkdegames. :)

> > Same for:
> > <patsolve/fortyeight.h> in fortyeight.cpp
> > <patsolve/golf.h> in golf.cpp
> > <deck.h> in pile.cpp
>
> As far as I know these should be quoted.

I put it in quotes. I do not understand why it worked though.
Is is maybe only the order in which the dirs are scanned?
"" 1. current dir; 2. INCLUDE_PATH
<> 1. INCLUDE_PATH; 2. current dir
?

Anyway. It still builds and I will send it to coolo today. Thank you all for you feedback.
Doing stuff like that comes with almost no achievement for the game itself, but it helps
me thinking about stuff I make in my own projects. :)

BTW: The ksirk maintainer should really have a look at
http://www.englishbreakfastnetwork.org/krazy/reports/kde-4.x/kdegames/ksirk/index.html
Much of the issues are pretty easy to fix since it is missing email addresses or licenses
(which also achieves almost nothing for the app itself). :)

Regards