[Kde-games-devel] includes in kpat

Andreas Pakulat apaku at gmx.de
Tue Dec 9 22:20:03 CET 2008

On 09.12.08 21:32:32, Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> On Tuesday 09 December 2008 18:04:35 Matthew Woehlke wrote:
> > Frederik Schwarzer wrote:
> > > 2. Qt headers with casing QFoo (and qglobal.h -> QtGlobal)
> >
> > I guess we fixed the breakage when you don't specify this as
> > QtCore/QtGlobal? Anyway I think that was the preferred form, but maybe not.
>
> Hmm, one question about this stuff.
> What's the difference between <QtCore/QFoo> and <QFoo>?
> I never had (in all my ... weeks of Qt experience ;)) problems using Qt headers without their paths.

The difference is that for QtCore/QFoo you only need <qt-prefix>/include in
the include paths, for the later you also need <qt-prefix>/include/QtCore
to be set. IIRC both qmake and FindQt4.cmake from cmake do this.

For apps you have full control, however libraries need to make sure they
also work if just the include-dir is given. You never know what buildsystem
someone uses with your library.

Andreas

--
Your lucky number is 3552664958674928.  Watch for it everywhere.