[Kde-games-devel] kdegames maintainer list update

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Dec 5 22:32:00 CET 2008

On Sat, 6 Dec 2008 07:33:04 am Parker Coates wrote:
> 2008/12/5 Sascha Peilicke <sasch.pe at gmx.de>:
> > So what are the future plans for KSame?
>
> At one point early in the 4.0 cycle there was talk about adding
> support for Klickety style game play. (If you weren't aware, KDE3 had
> both Klickety and KSame. The games were very, very similar and
> differed only in appearance and the size of the game field.)
>
> I'm not sure if anyone is still strongly advocating for that or not.

Well I am.  I really miss Klickety and the justification for dropping it
was that KSame could be configured (given some code changes)
to be very like Klickety, but nobody ever made those code changes :-(

KSame could also benefit by adding some graphics themes.  Maybe
Eugene or Luciano can help with that.

The differences included number of colours, too.  Basically Klickety
had a narrower and taller grid and more colours.

That gave you quite a different game-experience and made the
game more difficult IIRC.  I hope you will be able to resurrect a
Klickety-like game, Sascha.

All the best, Ian W.