[Kde-games-devel] kpat background change?

Matthew Woehlke mw_triad at users.sourceforge.net
Thu Aug 28 02:59:00 CEST 2008

Parker Coates wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 27, 2008 at 15:07, Matthew Woehlke
> <mw_triad at redacted> wrote:

PCYMTNQREAIYR ;-).

>> Ok, so something strange happened while playing kpat yesterday... the
>> background suddenly changed from the nice, neutral gray, to something
>> darker and red/blue that's harder to see the cards against (at least,
>> when using the Oxygen deck).
>>
>> (What's strange is I was building kdeutils at the time; I can see this
>> happening if I'd just installed kdegames and thus replaced the
>> background image, but it was strange that my /running instance/ decided
>> to suddenly change backgrounds when I didn't seem to be mucking in
>> kdegames.)
>>
>> The new background *does* look nice, and might work fine with other
>> decks, but will we be getting an option to change backgrounds soon? (I'd
>> love to see a felt-green one also!)
>>
>> (Even stranger; I just build kdegames on this machine and I still get
>> the gray background, even though if I open kpat/background.svg in
>> inkscape it's clearly the new one.)
>
> It's probably an issue with caching. Try resizing the window several
> times and you should get the new background. Did it really happen
> spontaneously while playing, or is there a chance that something
> changed the window size?

Hmm, I might have resized the window. Or I might have just switched
desktops. Honestly, I don't remember, just that the new background
surprised me :-).

So, er, what about the other question, namely, can we get the old
background back (at least as an option)? And a nice green one as well?

--
Matthew
WARNING: To reduce risk of serious embarrassment, ensure that Brain is