[Kde-games-devel] KGameTheme Question

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Tue Aug 19 02:39:02 CEST 2008

Ethan Anderson wrote:
> I'm probably missing something here, but if a given piece of code is
> used in kde games /and/ kde-edu, isn't that code fit for inclusion
> into the kde base library set?  I don't quite get the problem..

Kdelibs have very specific rules, including a code style, and I am not
sure libkdegames classes should be that general. We would be inflating
the base library with several classes that are only specific to games
and edu, thus adding to the startup time of the basic desktop. Going the
kdepimlibs route seems more adequate to me, but this is something for
the release guys.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini