[Kde-games-devel] Yet another 'the games do not follow the same style' mail

Sun Aug 17 22:10:24 CEST 2008

On Sun, Aug 17, 2008 at 19:47, Parker Coates <parker.coates at gmail.com> wrote:
> Richard,

> Consistency between games is a pretty hot topic right now. You seem to
> be (and no offence is intended here) a nit-picker with a great deal of
> patience. Perhaps you (or someone else) would be interested in doing
> some research and actually tabulating data about the differences
> between games.

I am not a nit-picker per se, but when I go into bug-hunting mode, I
become an evil overlord of pedantry, yes :)
I also think that the status quo does not matter all that much and
a common design doc should be made, first. Of course, knowing
the status quo can help when doing this.

No problem with both helping to create the design docs or with
creating the table, but I can't make promises about when I get
around to it.

> Right now there are a lot of statements like "the theme selection
> seems to be in a different place for each KDE game" but in reality I
> would bet there's only three maybe four different ways of changing
> themes.

Off the top of my head, I can think of four, yes.

Richard