[Kde-games-devel] Embedded online gaming mode, KReversi patch

Josef Spillner spillner at kde.org
Wed Aug 13 14:30:12 CEST 2008

Here's an update for the most recent development:

Am Sonntag 10 August 2008 16:46:55 schrieb Josef Spillner:
> - check out ggz-base-libs and ggz-kde-center from SVN (svn co
> svn://svn.ggzgamingzone.org/svn/trunk/{base-libs,kde-center})
> - install ggz-base-libs
> - install libkdegames from SVN
> - on top of it, install ggz-kde-center
> - apply the patch found in [0] to kreversi
> - compile and install kreversi
> - launch kreversi and press 'C'
> - enjoy :)

The same steps are still necessary. In addition, there's now a
ksquares.embedded.diff. The previous issue that the ggz-server package needed
to be installed has also been resolved by making it an optional dependency.
Errors and network activity are now displayed properly so that a certain
minimum amount of usability is present.

The GGZ server at akademy08.ggzcommunity.org is running, although not
permanently. A KReversi tournament for four players has been set up at:
http://akademy08.ggzcommunity.org/tournaments/index.php?page=show2&tid=1
The Plasma-KGGZ applet can be used to receive invitation notifications.

In my Akademy talk which starts in ~30 minutes I'm goint to present the plans
to integrate all of this functionality into kdegames.

Josef