[Kde-games-devel] A new highscore manager - KScoreManager

Matt Williams matt at milliams.com
Tue Apr 29 17:18:50 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 29 April 2008 16:03:40 Pino Toscano wrote:
> Hi,
>
> some API notes :)
>
> > #include <QPair>
>
> No QPair used, to be removed.

Cheers, will do.

> >         enum OptionFlag
> >         {
> >             DoNotAskName, ///<Should the player be asked for their name
> > upon getting a highscore
> >             LessIsMore ///<should the highscores be awarded
> > such that a lower score is better
> >         };
>
> LessIsMore seems quite confusing (at least IMHO), maybe LessIsBetter?

Yeah, that probably makes more sense. Maybe even LowerScoreIsBetter.
LessIsMore is an artifact from KScoreDialog.

> >         KDialog createScoreDialog(const ScoreDisplay& scoreDisplay =
> > ScoreDisplay()) const;
>
> KDialog *  as return value, I'd say.
>
> >         QGraphicsWidget createScoreGraphicsWidget(const ScoreDisplay&
> > scoreDisplay = ScoreDisplay()) const;
>
> ... ditto.

Dmitry already mentioned this to me so yes, I'm going to change it.

> >         void setOptions(const Option& options = Option());
>
> This would allow something like:
>   KScoreManager::self()->setOptions();
> that IMHO is a bit illogical (a setter that sets nothing, apparently).
> Better force the parameter, so
>   ...->setOptions(KScoreManager::Options())
> is way clear that it will set no options.
>
> Ah, and better put the destructor as well, even if empty.

Ah, yes. That's much nicer. I was having trouble finding a good way to handle
that case.

Thanks a lot for having a look.

Regards,
Matt Williams