[Kde-games-devel] A new highscore manager - KScoreManager

Dmitry Suzdalev dimsuzkde at gmail.com
Tue Apr 29 14:35:37 CEST 2008

On Tuesday 29 April 2008 15:15:37 Matt Williams wrote:
> Could you possibly elaborate on this a bit? If I understand you correctly,
> you would essentially want to group the scores for each level with
> setScoreGroup() so that score for level 1 are only judged against other
> scores for level 1, but that is having the downside that you could end up
> with 30 tabs in the dialog making it very messy? How would you imagine
> scores collected for these games should be displayed in the UI?
Yes, you understood right.
I imagine the possible score UI as some table like this:

Level1 - Name1 - 38 (highscore points)
Level2 - Name2 - 11
Level3 - Name3 - 20

The difference for this type of highscores is that there is only one highscore entry
per level and as such it makes no sence to show them as a tabs - they all should go
into one (and the only) dialog page.
At least that's how i see it.

> KScoreManger* m_scoremanager;
>
> m_scoremanager = KScoreManger::self();
> m_scoremanager->someFunction();
Right. Or even some simple "#define SCORE_MNG KScoreManager::self()" in .cpp file :)

> Like what I said to Parker about the other getters, I can't really see the
> need for getters. These are setting properties for the class which aren't
> going to be changed and also I don't see a need for the user of the class
> to know whether the name is going to be asked for. Either they've set tit
> to be asked or not.
Agreed. I just thought about that too - perhaps this won't have any sence to do this.
Then forget it. I just suggested as an option :)

Cheers,
Dmitry.