[Kde-games-devel] KScoreDialog and KGameDifficulty bugs

Matt Williams matt at milliams.com
Mon Apr 28 00:05:29 CEST 2008

On Sunday 27 April 2008 22:36:48 Matt Williams wrote:
> On Sunday 27 April 2008 20:12:52 Matt Williams wrote:
> > Hey everyone,
> >
> > I went through my KScoreDialog bugs trying to track down the reasons for
> > them. Most of the bugs were related to i18n which is often a cause for
> > confusion for me :)
>
> <snip>
>
> After some more discussion with Albert, I'm rewriting the patch to change
> everything to use KLocalizedString. This will make everything a lot less
> hacky. Stay tuned...

Well KLocalizedString seemed very promising as a way of solving all this mess
but there's a small problem. When retrieving the group names from the config
files, there's no longer any way to get at the translations. This is
particularly difficult for those which were translated with context since all
the context is lost when saved to file. It worked before since the string
could be read from the file and passed to the i18n() which would simply do a
string lookup (hence the I18N_NOOP()'s in the last patch).

Albert, got any bright ideas? :)

Matt