[Kde-games-devel] Presentation and a few questions

Emmanuel Teyssier emmanuel.teyssier at gmail.com
Sun Apr 27 16:12:02 CEST 2008

Hello,

I'm called Emmanuel and I've been using KDE for quite a long time.
I'm interested in game development and I've begun to try to create a card
game for KDE4. I absolutely don't know whether I will be able to manage it,
but at least this should be an interesting experience.
So I've become to compile KDE4 trunk, to look at KDE various games code, to
try tutorials, to explore API, etc...

And I'm beginning to have a few question, especially related to the
libkdegames. It seems pretty powerful, but not really used: no project in
the trunk is using kgame for example (from what a grep tell me), etc... Is
there any problem with this library?

I've also seen there was some utility for managing Cards (especially Cache),
but it seems there's no way to use them directly in the KGamesCanvas. Am I
wrong about this, or is it something that has not been implemented or
foreseen yet?

Thanks in advance for your answers.

Best regards,

Emmanuel