[Kde-games-devel] Patch: KNetwalk Keyboard support

Parker Coates parker.coates at gmail.com
Tue Apr 22 18:19:38 CEST 2008

On Tue, Apr 22, 2008 at 12:00 PM, GnuShi <gnushi at web.de> wrote:
>  KAtomic has both the same time, which is great. In fact, haven't thought
>  about enabling both. One reason, why one would disable keyboard
>  shortcuts is, that they may confuse. For example if someone presses the
>  mouse button to rotate, which image should rotate? This one, wich has
>  keyboard focus or this one, where the mouse pointer is over.

My expectation would be that the keyboard focus disappears when a
mouse click occurs. Something like the following:

1 - The player is playing using the mouse.
2 - One of the keyboard navigation actions is triggered.
3 - The keyboard selection becomes visible around the node last
modified by the mouse.
4 - The keyboard action performs its operation.
5 - The player continues to play using the keyboard.
6 - The mouse is used to click a node.
7 - The keyboard selection disappears.
8 - The mouse action is applied to node that was clicked.

I'm not familiar with the KNetwalk internals, but that seems like it
would be fairly straight forward to implement. Just have your actions
check to see if the current "mode" matches the type (mouse or
keyboard) of action requested. If not, switch modes.

I hope that makes sense.

Parker