[Kde-games-devel] kmines pause action

GnuShi gnushi at web.de
Wed Apr 16 23:37:52 CEST 2008

Dmitry Suzdalev schrieb:

> Wait, i've some minor notes :)
>
> First:
>
> + /**
>
> + * true, if we paused the game.
>
> + */
>
> + void gamePaused(bool);
>
> Bad name, bad comment :)

Sorry, was just trash after removing a variable.

> void setGamePaused(bool paused);

I agree.

> I'm not sure if changing all cells to questions is the best way to
> behave on pause :)

Well, after I've done both, I think the question marks were much nicer.
Now remains just a PopupItem in the center of the game.
But have a look at yourself.

> Perhaps hiding the MineFieldItem & showing popup (which is already
> done) until game is unpaused is better?

The resulting code looks much cleaner, less things to care about and
easier to maintain. There are much coding advantages
with your ideas.

> (me and piacentini are liking hiding solution more - discussed on irc)

Rafał too, so I think, I'm just outvoted. ;-)

> Ah, and popup shouldn't close even if clicked.
>
> This is not possible with the current KGamePopup API (popup *always*
> hides on click), I'll add this possibility in a moment ;).

Well done, it works out-of-the-box. :-)

Thank you very much for your comments.

Best regards

GnuShi