[Kde-games-devel] SVG Rendering speed

Ian Wadham ianw2 at optusnet.com.au
Fri Sep 28 00:32:03 CEST 2007

On Thu, 27 Sep 2007 11:01 am, Jeremy Wick wrote:
> > More important, I think, is to avoid ugly graphics effects on the
> > screen while the resize or theme change is in progress.  ATM
> > I do not know how to achieve that.
>
> Maybe re-render in a buffer while displaying some progress bar /
> please wait message.

Well, I think I *am* rendering into a "buffer" - called KGameCanvas
or QMainWindow or something ... the actual painting occurs long
after my code has stopped executing ...

But then "Thinking is a matter of luck!", as a German friend of
mine used to say ("Denken ist glucksache" (?)).  It sounds rather
paradoxical in English ... :-)

So where does the responsibility for "automatic" buffering stop, in Qt 4,
and we are back to "good old manual buffering" ... :-( ??? ... as in Qt 1?

I fear another major re-write happening ... <exit left, nursing wounds>.

All the best, Ian W.