[Kde-games-devel] Updates on KShisenso

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Mon Sep 24 14:18:02 CEST 2007

Well, I think the tile author may try to make things easier for kids and
beginners, and we know some do not understand the rules of season and
flower matching. Maybe the tiles could be made a bit different, but I am
not sure about changing colors. Will have to talk to Raquel to see what
she wants to do in this case.
Jeremy, I agree with your general assessment of the problem. Chinese
rules should really be the default imo. But there is another
possibility: you could also not use seasons/flowers tiles in the
generated game unless this option is checked. This is not meant to solve
only this problem with this particular tileset, but could be considered
a way to keep compatibility with the old behavior and still respect the
correct mahjongg deck matching rules. So instead of "use chinese rules"
it could also be called maybe "use extended sets" or something like
this. KMahjongg could do the same, using the same preference name. Food
for thought.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini