[Kde-games-devel] My new insane idea ;) (LOGO!)

Mauricio Piacentini mauricio at tabuleiro.com
Wed Sep 12 15:57:11 CEST 2007

Eugene Trounev wrote:
> Voice your opinion (or DIE HAR!, HAR!, HAR! :D ).

I think that having a logo is a wonderful idea. I liked the one your
proposed. If I have give suggestions, these would be the things I would
consider:

a) The colors of the joystick immediately reminded me of the XBOX 360
color scheme. I searched Google and their joystick is completely
different in shape, however. Still, anything that reminds me of MS and
is associated with free software stuff seems a bit weird :)

b) Although a joystick is natural for games, it is ironical that most of
our games are really not joystick-friendly :) Given the nature of most
of our games, I would consider in the future (maybe for a different
release) a logo that used cards (the edgy oxygen one maybe), or even
computer keyboard/mouse, something closer to the actual experience of
playing our games. This is entirely debatable of course, I know that for
a logo sometimes it is best to keep it simple and immediately
recognizable. And a joystick is instantly recognizable as a gaming device.

c) Maybe you could work the K to be a bit different, maybe without the
gears, or using some game-like visuals, like some portions in wireframe,
as if it was being constructed or reconstructed. Just an idea, it seems
fun the concept of a joystick and a big K "in-construction".

Great job, as always, Eugene.

Regards,
Mauricio Piacentini