[Kde-games-devel] Fwd: Re: Meetings and results

Luciano Montanaro mikelima at gmail.com
Wed Sep 5 15:28:34 CEST 2007

Re-sending because kdegames owner thinks' I'm sending spam.... Can I use a
workaround for this?

Il Wednesday 05 September 2007 14:38:20 Mauricio Piacentini ha scritto:
> Luciano Montanaro wrote:
> > I have tried investigating the issue of svg tiles in knetwalk, and while
> > I have managed to produce tiles that look more more or less correct, the
> > problem is that I can't understand the logic to follow. with kgoldrunner,
> > I had to render the tiles half a pixel larger than the image size to draw
> > to. With knetwalk, it looks like the correction is 1.5 pixels on each
> > border. This breaks my assumption that the svgrenderer had been changed
> > to better center svg graphic.... It would be important to understand how
> > it really works. I also noticed that kmines is affected too.
>
> Did you consider the type of SVG element you are trying to get the
> bounds from? In KBlocks for example I realized that in 4.3.0 the stroke
> was not taken into account when measuring the bounds. So in Inkscape for
> example if you had a 19pixel rect with a 1pixel stroke then QtSVG would
> consider that the width and height of the element were 19, and not 20 as
> shown in Inkscape.

Yes, I have thought about that, and I tried to eliminate the problem by
setting manually the style to stoke:none and removing the stroke-related
properties from the invisible bounding rects, but it didn't seem to help.
I didn't look at the real elements, though, now that you mention it, and
another experiment could be to set stroke-width to 0 also. Maybe the stroke
width is taken into acount even if stroke is set to none, I don't know.

> I would look at the strokes first, and then the type of element (rect,
> or path for example.) Does converting to path solves anything?
> To me, it looks like 4.3.1 Svg is broken. Or 4.3.0 was. Regresssions
> like this anyway really hurt our confidence in Qt, specially happening
> in such a minor release.
> I think we need a direct channel with the TT guys that could help us
> understand what has changed, and what to do. Aaron, can you help with
> this particular issue?

I'm CC'ing this to Aaron too, maybe it could help pinpoint the problem.

Luciano