[Kde-games-devel] Fwd: Re: SVG Rendering speed

Martin Heni kde at heni-online.de
Tue Oct 2 07:35:17 CEST 2007

I worked a bit on the kwin4 rendering speed. Some of the optimizations were
not switched on. I think it is better now. Main problem are still the
reflections which use up 99% of the rendering time. I now force them off on
slow computers. Hope this works ;-)

If you start the game with a debug value, e.g -debug=1 it displays the update
times in the window. Maybe check whether they are acceptable now (~25ms).
If they are much worse try without reflections.