[Kde-games-devel] Bugs (showstoppers?) in KGoldrunner

Mauricio Piacentini piacentini at kde.org
Thu Nov 29 13:24:53 CET 2007

Ian Wadham wrote:
> I think, maybe, the libraries have changed at the last minute and there
> is now no second resize event and so KGr now goes down some
> uninitialised track triggered by some other event (what does the
> backtrace show?).  If this hypothesis is correct, other games that used
> the "pending" trick to avoid rendering everything twice would also be
> affected.  And *nobody* would be able to play KGoldrunner in the current
> KDE tag.
>
> What do other players find?

Well, it works for me with today's SVN and qt-copy (4.3.2). Deleted the
rc files to make sure it still behaves in the absence of a previously
defined location or theme, and it works. But... maybe we can locate the
first unitialized path (Luciano?), and trap it there, triggering a
compulsory rendering of the theme if it is reached. This could prevent
future (unforeseen) problems as well if there are subtle changes in the
order events are triggered. Just an idea.

Regards,
Mauricio